Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Entry: Hari Raya Special! ^.^

Salam Raya to all!!,

Well, Selamat Hari Raya for the year 2011/1452 Hijrah if I'm not mistaken.. We had a simple yet fab raya this year. This year, unlike others who have a 'kampung' to go back to we simply don't have. Not that my grandma'a is gone or something, our 'kampung' is in Singapore and everybody knows Singapore is a city. 

Yes, I was brought up there and I never actually felt what's like to live in a village. Although I want to sometimes, feel what its like to have a First day Raya in a 'kampung' environment. So, this year we had our last buka at my Grandma'a house and I helped her that night preparing for Raya. Heyy, cutting 'paru' is helping too okayy. 

Okay, less talk.. Here's some picture:


I know it's kind of blur because the lighting is not really that good and we're all like squeezing together. Those were my sisters, btw. Look at our expression.. Oh, and I my face look like a Vampire.. Haha. We all use different scarf style. So it's kind of like showing that those wearing Hijab can too have different styles and fashion. I'm wearing a Hana Tajima pashmina style. Well, more or less...



I like the way it lingers around my forehead and my aunt when she first saw she was like, 'Wah, Maryam.. Macam orang Arab daa." Oh, and she added, "Nie mesti da ade boyfriend" No, Mak Ngah.. I just break with one.. Well, not exactly break but dealing with a broken heart of one. Long Story.


That's my Grandma's room and behind is my grandma and my mom, searching for something in her handbag.


Here's my dad and my sis. She's wearing that long Ariani tudung that she borrows from my mom and my cousin was like, "Cheyy, macam ustazah" Talk about Fallacy. *Eyes rolling*



Ahh, the 'Maaf2' Moment. It's my mom and Dad.. they look sweet together. To tell u the truth, this is the 2nd year that we did this. That's why we had that awkward moment that my grandma had to direct us. Uncool.


Yeah, and the picture onwards is the Salam2 moment where nobody actually cries. Harsh.





Oh, and afterward, we discuss about it and goes, "How come nobody cries?" And everyone gives their own reasons. Mine was simply, 'I prefer private crying moment'.

Well, that's the end of it. We didn't take a family photo this year because people keep on coming and we don't really have time. At my other grandma's house, as per normal was chaos. Oh, and I played Wii along the way until its the 'Maaf2' moment with my grandma.

Total money collect this year: $140/RM 300. 

It's quiet alot consider I'm an adult already. Hee~ So that's all. Oh, the second day, which is today.. My cousins, aunt and uncle from Germany came and they had a sleepover here and tomorrow, we'll celebrate Raya with them at a Bungalow they rent.

Well, that's it. I'm gonna sign off soon and continue watching School Rumble. Sugoi ne~

Ja ne,
MJ. 

No comments: