Monday, December 19, 2011

Public Speaking Memoir !

Assalamualaikum ^^,


Well, last Friday on the 16th..
For the first time ever,
I entered a Public Speaking Competition.
Yup, me!






I never thought in a million years I could do that...
Delivering speech in front of crowds and strangers..
But I glad I did it
And never once I regret that decision of joining.


Because I entered this competition with the intention to do something crazy for once in KUIS, 
to do something for me..
Something that no one asked for, something that I decided upon and something that I never thought of.
To prove something to myself.






And so I did,
And guess what?
I have so many supporters that it never occur to me that I received that load an applause. 


Even when I'm not qualified for the next round.


It doesn't bother me at all.
Okayy, maybe it did the first few minutes but that I regain back my spirit when my friends & international friends said I did my best and I should be one of the qualified..
But I said its fine. 
Maybe I like it better this way.


But you know something..
I didn't get nervous at all when I'm on stage..
And that I feel natural.. 
Like I'm on my own turf.. 
Dancing around to my own melody of words..


I would like to try it again somedayy..


P/s: Next time I should try Drama or Poetry.. Expanding my ability ;)



3 comments:

silverlily said...

oh yeah babe~

Tyra Ahmad said...

you did your best and I'm so proud of you :)

Maryam Jameelah said...

@Silverlily: ^^, Congratz 2 u Raja.

@Kak Tyra: Tnx~ hee.. Terharu T.T