Monday, August 29, 2011

Letter of Farewell to Ramadhan...




Dear Ramadhan,

As tonight is the last night we'll be spending together, I have a few things I want to share...

Do you remember that every year you came but I act as though it's not a big deal? Well, I'm Sorry. Because I never know how significant you can be. You stand out from other months because of how special you are in Allah's view that you're the only month where Syaitan was sent away. I was an idiot for not realizing it before.

But this year when you came, I was alone at that time but that night you accompany me with Tarawih and Tilawah that I felt like I was being surrounded by chatters of my closes ones. It was then that I felt a certain urge to treat you different this year, to take your present seriously.

Ramadhan, this time round, I try my best to attain what you offer, forgiveness and blessing. Do you know that I only miss my Terawaih twice? Well, that's a start. I try to wake up everynight because I know your nights is fill with Allah's wonder and secrets that one of the last 10 is the night of 1000 nights where every wishes and doa is granted. The secret round.

Hey, I'm glad that you came this year too because those past year I didn't do well in your Madrasah of Tarbiyyah but Alhamdulillah, I think I did better this year. Oh, and i did Itikaf and Iftar at the Mosque too, together with my family and friends. I never thought or did any of that before and when you came, its the chance for changes to occur and I'm glad.

I know there's alot of other secrets store in you but I only found a few. It's okay, better than nothing right?

Ramadhan, you are the holy month right? Mom says that Angels came down sometimes and I think I bumped into some but I'm not sure. Oh, and Dad says this is like a bonus round for us to be closer to Allah.I know he's right because I somehow can feel the closeness. I hope it's true that I'm closer to my Creator.

I never write a letter to you before but this year, I somehow feel hard to let you go. You came to me in my moments of loneliness, my yearns to be closer to God and my wishes and problem all pile up to be heard and you are that temporary bridge to it. Thanks once again.

Eventhough it's hard to let you go, I know I have to. The only thing I can do now is to wait for you to come back and I promise that while you're gone, I try my best to staythe same together with Istiqomah and Doa' as my strength. And do promise me that if you come again, be sure to bring extra Iman and Takwa for us.

I end this letter with welcoming Syawal to my life and to end Ramadhan with a convocation of Eid. Alhamdullah, I'm glad that I met you this year.

Sincerly,
Me...


No comments: