Saturday, September 8, 2012

That girl...

Assalamualaikum..

Its almost 2:30am in the morning and tomorrow we have to wake up early and head up to Nilai for a one day stay yet I'm still here, being ignorant of my countless yawning. I actually just finished watching 'Snow White and the Huntsman' and love it! Even when Kristen Stewart was kind of emotionless. Haha.

Anyway, here is my Midnight Poem that I meant to write decades ago but I always forget..



That girl I saw, her eyes set straight looking in the world unseen..
That girl I saw, had her head held high yet her heart was trembling with fear..
That girl I saw, stand her ground with little experience yet a lot of courage..

That girl, her mouth is silence as a moon yet her heart is louder then thunder..
That girl, her eyes betrayed the secret of her past at times,
That girl, her feet is small yet the steps she takes in life is big..

That girl I know hiding behind that emotionless mask of hers..
That girl I know to have been lied, betrayed and left by the person her heart she once gave..
That girl I know was once a lovable and charming princess her parents knew, 
now a cold and insecure ice maiden the world know..

That girl in secret would let her guard down and fall down her knees in defeat..
That girl in secret would let that tears she held in, out..
That girl in secret would look out at the starless night and wishing for a saviour..

That girl you see, will be the one at the back of the room in a crowded place,
That girl you see, will be the one to escape reality constantly with books..
That girl you see, will be the one that turns to pages of empty diary rather than people..

That girl is a damsel and the only saviour is herself,
That girl is a guardian and the only thing that she need to guard is her heart,
That girl is an actress and the only time she stop acting is when she is alone..

And for all the world cares, that girl likes to remain in the heart rather than the memory..
And for all I could tell, that girl stays on the other side of the mirror..
mocking me with her ever presence. 

-MJxx 



No comments: