Saturday, June 2, 2012

Semester Break Activities ^^, (Part 1)

Assalamualaikum ^^,


Well, It has been precisely 2 month of my Semester Break and we'll be having another 1 weeks and a half of it more.. Right, so the last 8 weeks doesn't go by so vain.. I actually do something despite me saying how boring it is and that I've been sitting at home.


So here are the details on 'What-I-did' for the past 8 weeks:






# I read alot of books. Well, alot than I've been reading since I started enter College life that is. And one of it is a Classical Literature, "The Scarlett Letter". The writer wrote it in Victorian English and you know what? I kind of like it and I actually use some of it in my writing and my interaction. Like for example, "Why hath thou here?" "Art thou one of thee Women?" It is kind of fun. I love the Victorian period. I love the way they dress so modestly and how they use carriage as the mere transportation and oh, they live in a cottage, though they are still some that live in cottages.


Also, since I'm a supernatural freak, I read Timeless; a story about an Angel and a Demon who had a long history together but for some reason, I think it is quiet similar to the Fallen series by Lauren Kate. I read that too since I started going to Malaysia Library. I know, awkward~ Well, I used to read alot when I stayed in Singapore because there's bookshop and library everywhere but not here. I mean, there are bookshops here in JB but most of the books are in Malay and you know how slow I am to finish Malay books. 




# I started writing again. I mean, really write. As you can see from my previous post. It's been such a long time since I was hooked on to something and keep on writing, my feelings all out. My imagination run wild like horses in the wide field. Oh, and I also wrote some Gothic poem. I have yet to show it. See? Who says staying at home with a problem internet bores out nothing? I think that as long as I have my brain with me, I'll be able to work something out.


And I'm actually glad because I love writing. It's like a part of me that makes me, me. And I felt awful to ever stop but at times, I can be so down and discourage that I always think that I'm not that good. Ah, whatever.. as long as I'm back on track, I'll start running again, InsyaAllah.




# Cooking! I know! I did not know how to cook up until my boredom came. Now then I realized how ignorant I am of the useful appliance at home that goes unused. And that when I'm bored, I love to create things and by cooking you can both create things and pleased others. Awesome huh? So, I started baking chocolate cake, cookies, home made pancakes, some traditional sweets and such. And all those recipe I thanks Google for being a great cooking master. Haha. Oh and AFC too. Hee~






#Learning, learning and still learning. You know, life ain't just what we think we might learn nor what we went through but it's a whole process of learning out of a person syllabus. This holiday, I learn and improve myself alot. Although at time, I'm not that consistence but I try. Will forever be the student of life. After all, this is the time to give your all.. Make some mistakes, and repent, and learn. 


After all, on the way to reach perfection, you tend to be better. Except if you stop.


Well, that is just a part of it. I don't know, the way I saw it.. This semester break is really something. Its fun and all, but I can't wait for the semester to reopen. This semester, I'm definitely trying my hardest to reach perfection! Zettai

No comments: